Saturday, March 25, 2006

More steps near

Well, our representative from Depelchin called us with the schedule of classes we have to take to foster/adopt. We begin on April 12th and finish on May 11th. During that time we will have our homestudy done where they come look at our house and ask us lots of personal questions. I am so excited! I hope things go smoothly for us.

We are also closing in part of our garage to make an office. With only two bedrooms we need more space for the child. We should get that going in about two or three weeks. When we are done I will start decorating the child's bedroom. I need a generic theme for the room. When I was a child, I loved Winnie the Pooh. Maybe I will go with that-- but not that classic Pooh stuff. I like the original fat belly red shirt Pooh. I welcome any suggestions for a generic birth to six years theme for the room.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jim Looby said...

I've always liked trains. Or drums. But that isn't really generic.

I've seen some kids rooms that were done around fruit -- bright splashes of color around darks and neutrals.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I saw a really cute farm pattern on Target.com. It has almost every color you can imagine.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

We were Foster Parents about 10 years ago. We were living in a tiny, two bedroom house on one of the "W" streets near UNO. They made me draw a map of our fire/emergency evacuation plan. I mean, there's only two doors, and if you can't get to a door, every room has a window!! How tough can it be??

My Darling Wife and I had the same impression: "Gee, anybody with working genitalia can have kids but if you volunteer to take care of someone else's children, you have to jump through a hundred hoops."

We also had to go through Non-Violent Intervention training. Wow, that was a trip.

We stopped being Foster Parents after the birth of our own child. I miss it. It was fun, rewarding, and heart-breaking.

Peace,
Tim

11:38 PM  
Blogger Day by Day said...

We are doing our son's room up in "Wilderness Animals"... we were going to do trains but if we have another child and it's a girl... trains really aren't that girly ya know! ;) So, we are having someone paint a Wilderness Scene on the wall. :)

My son's room is done in stars and moons... generic.

Farm animals are good...

That's all I got... Good-Luck! ;)

10:33 AM  
Blogger Day by Day said...

I meant our son's play room in the Wilderness Animals... :)

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home