Saturday, October 21, 2006

Emotional Rollercoaster!

Well, I am going crazy with all the ups and downs of this insane process. We have not heard anything from the agency about the baby girl born on Sept. 11th except that it will be a minimum of 30 days before they narrow down the family pool. What the hell is taking so long??!! I was so excited, but now we wait... up... down... up... down. I am a basket case!

Currently we are on an "up" because a birthmother has called the agency and she will be looking at a few families, including us, to give her two month old baby boy to. The boy was born on Aug. 18, he is half Caucasian half African American, and he is in good health, according to mom. Apparently she considered adoption at birth, but decided to take him home. It has proved to be too much for her with two other kids at home already and no father to help. She will view our scrapbook on Tuesday (10/24). I assume she will only be looking at 5 or 6 families because the case worker will be visiting the woman at home and carrying scrapbooks to her. Who knows, though. She may load up a dolly and cart 40 books over. I hope we do not have to wait much longer. I am liable to make myself sick.
I will keep you posted on the next "up" or "down". Keep us in your prayers.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Hintze said...

You may want to get your agency to check up on the baby girl. If it's the same baby we were submitted for, she's been placed. We found that out yesterday. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

7:38 AM  
Blogger teach99 said...

I just forund out we are one of 3 families being looked at for the two month old boy. We find out this evening if we get him. Pray, pray pray!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Jenny Hintze said...

That's exciting. You guys are going to be on pins and needles today.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Jenny Hintze said...

Have you guys heard anything yet?

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you heard anything???? I am so praying for ya'll!!! God has the right one for you--- just keep believing that!! Don't lose faith !! I promise --- I am one of the blessed babies who had a miracle at birth!! Love ya!!

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home